Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sophie's is Now Over 13 Months


I like to say that Sophie is 13 months and not to say that she is 1. Saying she is 1 makes her seem too old and I am not ready for that yet. She is doing so many things and talking non-stop. Sophie has recently discovered her love of shoes.

She has always liked to play with everyone's shoes, but now that she has a few dozen pairs of her own shoes, so her love for them has grown. (Just a note. All of the dozens of pairs of shoes have all been hand-me-downs from family. I have not had to purchase any of them.) One of my favorite things is that she will go and get a pair of shoes from her room and bring them to you for you to put on her. Sophie has also started to carry bags around like purses and likes to have her hair done. I love it all. I just eat it up that she is so girly.

Sophie continues to do well with potty training and I am so sure that when she is older she will appreciate that I blog about her learning to go potty. (Sophie, when you become a mommy you will understand.) She poops and pees on the potty a few times a day everyday. We decided to buy her a potty seat because she is so little that she can't get on and off the big potty by herself.

It seemed like a good idea until we realized that we were going to have to clean it all the time. Needless to say, we just mostly help her on and off the big potty.
Sophie is learning to feed herself, but still will let us help her from time to time. She has learned how to give a high-five and kissies (open mouth baby slobber kiss of course). She is walking and running everywhere and is gaining more and more balance everyday. She has also learned how to get what she wants by being cute. If you have to tell her no, so will smile at you and then try it whatever it was again. She is still our good eater and will eat just about anything we give her. Unfortunately she has figured out if you are eating a cookie and you have given her a banana, she wants the cookie.

Sophie is a talker. She will jabber at you until she is blue in the face. I love to listen and pretend that I have any idea what she is talking about. There are a few words that we can understand, but for the most part it is just a foreign language.
Sophie, mommy and daddy love you so much! Even though you are growing up, you will always be out little baby!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

She is such a doll. I can't believe how big our girls are getting either. It's crazy! When will it stop? :)

tiffany said...

She is so Cute girl!!~ She always have a cute smile all the time! Those are cute pics u took! That is so cute she loves to talk, That is so great she is doing fun things in her life. I can tell she is growing up so fast. That is cute age!

Cara said...

I can't get over how big she is getting!! At least she is still stinking cute! That's one thing that will never change!!!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

So we happen to have that exact toilet... and after I bought it I thought the same thing. Cleaning it = yuck. So I line it with an open diaper. Tuck the diaper ends under the blue part that lifts up. It works for now :}