Monday, May 10, 2010

Triathlon

Last Saturday I did my first triathlon. I got roped into doing it because my sister in law Tara was training for it and she talked me into doing it with her. Then a few days before the Tri she came down with strep and wasn't able to do it with me. I was super sad that she couldn't do it and felt bad she was sick. But because she is so awesome, she came out to support me the day of the Tri. Mike and Sophie were also there on the sidelines cheering me on.

This triathlon was 400 meter swim (8 laps on the meter setting), 12 mile bike, and 3.3 mile run (or jog with walking in my case). I don't have my exact times yet, but I did the whole thing in about 1hr and 45 mins. I think that I did it in a really good time. I didn't want to push myself too hard because I had never done a Tri before (except for practicing). I wanted to finish and not hurt myself.

This is the swim, there are eight lanes.
You swim down and back and then into the next lane.

This is when I saw everyone cheering me on after
the biking and gave me the strength to move to the running.

This is at the finish line. I like this picture because
I look like I am in way better shape then I really am.

This is my cute family meeting me at the finish!

Thanks to everyone for all your good
thoughts and support. Tara and I plan to do
another Triathlon on June 26th.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Jennie - great job! And you look fantastic!!

Debbie Olson said...

what fun fun pictures! Good job Jennie. Thanks for the pictures Tara!

Trisha said...

I'm so proud of you--that time is pretty impressive to me.

Unknown said...

You are AWESOME jennie! And all i gotta say is 'THE CAMERA DOESN'T LIE' :D can't wait to do one WITH you!

Emilee said...

Wow Jen, I am so impressed! That i awesome and you look great!