Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Shower in Seattle


I know what you are thinking. Yes, it does rain a lot in Seattle, but when I was visiting a few weekends ago it was actually really nice weather. I am talking about a baby shower. I went up to Renton to throw a baby shower for my friend Cara and her baby girl Brooklynn. Cara is due the first week of June.

The baby shower went really well and I think everyone had a good time. It is always fun to get together with friends when I visit there. Brooklynn got all sorts of really cute clothes and other baby stuff.


While we were visiting Grandma and Grandpa Olson took Sophie to the Seattle Science Center. The first exhibit was animatronic dinosaurs and it was kind of dark in the exhibit. Well, Sophie wanted nothing to do with it. She was holding on to grandpa with her head buried in his shoulder. Next we went into the butterfly house. That was much more up her alley. She was interested but only for a bit. Then it was on to the childrens' play area.



Now to rewind a day to that Friday. On Friday night we had a family dinner with some family that we hardly ever see. My Dad's cousin Agneta and Valter (his mom's, brother's daughter and her husband), who live in Sweden and my dad's sister Janet, her daughter Kristin and two of her children Sara and Wyatt. I have never met Agneta before and the only time that I met Walter, I was seven. For my Aunt Janet, Kristen and her kids, I haven't seen them since our wedding. Beside those I have mentioned, a bunch of other family came over as well. It was so great to see everyone.

From Left to Right Uncle Laif, Kevin, Valter, Uncle Mark and Scott

This is my cousin Corrina and my Aunt Ann

Of course it can't be a party at the Olson's without food.

Agneta and Valter, what a cute couple!


Brothers and Sisters with their cousin Agneta




I know this is a little photo overload but I love them all!


Here are a few more random shots from the trip.

Sophie loves her Uncle Erik. Every morning she would wake up and ask where he was.



We had such a great trip. Thanks for having a baby Cara so we had an excuse to come visit!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Wonderful pictures. Everyone was having a great time.

Unknown said...

clever intro Jen! :D also, I can't help thinking it would be so cool to be named "Valter". Great pics! Is that Sophie with the faux animals that she was scared of last time? And in that last pic, it appears someone is eating out of a toilet seat...what the