Saturday, May 22, 2010

It was bound to happen...

Now this post is about a month late but I wanted to post it anyway. Sophie climbed out of her crib (April 22) at 4:30am I hear THUMP! I flew out of bed so fast that I think I made it down the hall to Sophie's room in about two steps. She was just fine. I was really hoping that she would stay in a crib for another few months, but no such luck.

We changed Sophie's bed to a toddler bed and she also has a twin bed in her room for guests. She did sleep in the toddler bed a few times but she has taken over the twin bed or "the big girl bed." She looks so grown up sleeping in the big girl bed.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

So far neither of my kids have ever climbed out..unless you count Noah doing it as a 3 year old.

Aimee said...

Ty climbed out about a year ago, but he was also climbing from the crib to the rubbermaid tote, then down to the chair and on the floor... I remember when I went in his room he looked at me and smiled big...I just stood there and looked at him in shock and he did a victory dance!

Rachel said...

Avery started tucking herself into the twin bed in her room two weeks ago, so we figured we should just let her sleep in it since she wanted to anyway. She hasn't looked back since then.