Sunday, May 23, 2010

Somersaults and Handstands

Sophie has shown an interest in gymnastics (I don't know where she would get the idea). We have been practicing walking on hands and somersaults. Here is a video of Sophie showing off her mad skills.

Since she has been doing so well, and because I wanted to have something we could do together, I signed her up for Little Flipper. It is like the little gym. It is a parent/tot class. We have gone for a few weeks now and Sophie is really learning to follow directions and take turns. I have gone to a couple of the weeks and Mike took her one of the weeks too. She looks forward to going to "nastics" as she calls it.

Today (may 5th) for the first time Sophie did a somersault all by herself. I guess once she did one she just wanted to keep doing them. Suzy said Sophie did probably 50 of them throughout the day. It is really cute.

3 comments:

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Umm.... she did a PERFECT somersault for Dmitri and me - last time we came to visit! :)
You were on your way home, and we were in her room with Susie... it was perfect. She's a pro!

Emilee said...

So cute! I cant believe she is in a big girl bed. Thats crazy. We are crappy friends and need to get up there. Thank you for your sweet post. You are the best!

Unknown said...

darling! where ARE you guys? was that WA for Cara's shower?