Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sophie's First Time Swimming


My mom can down this weekend to visit us. I had been wanting to take Sophie swimming so on Saturday she came with me (Mike works on Saturdays). There is a nice rec center down the street from our house. It has a kids play area, a big water slide, a lazy river and other swimming area. Sophie was not so sure about the water at first, but after a few minutes she totally got into it. Here is a clip of us in the shallow end where she could touch the ground.



This is me at the top of the big slide. It is really fast. Oh yeah, I got my mom to go down it too!



7 comments:

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Woohoo - go Sophie! She is a born swimmer :D

tiffany said...

Way to Go Sophie!!! She is Happy girl going swimming her first time! Yeah! Now she will Love going swimming all the time.

Aimee said...

I am so glad that Sophie loved the water. Tyler loves the bath tub but the swimming pool is something else.

Cara said...

So cute! I love that she was totally loving the water and splashing in it but not liking that she was splashing herself in the face!

Us Craven's said...

Little cute swimmer girls! Daughter like Momma! You both look great in swimming suits! I get to watch her sometime this week Yipee!

Unknown said...

yay! i'm glad u got to go - even if it was without ME LOL

Janet said...

Wow that was a great little demo from a professional swim teacher. Now I know what I should be doing to get the kids over their fear of water. Looks like a nice rec center.