Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Latest Sewing Project

With Tara's supervision I made a cart cover for Sophie. Mike loved the fabric and he called it and "explosion of joy." We used the cover at Costco last night and it works great! I think Sophie liked it too, though you can't tell that from the picture. I think I will make a second one, one for each car. Oh, it can also be used for highchairs too. There is a bag that attaches to it for it to fold up into, but I did have enough of the same fabric to make it, so I am on the hunt for more fabric.


This is a McCalls Pattern and it also includes a pattern for a double cart cover (it has to sets of leg and strap holes.)

8 comments:

Shirley said...

It is great how you are so good at making things. Sophie looks so cute in the cover.

Us Craven's said...

So very awesome! Sophie looks cozy! It makes me happy that she is not sucking on the hand bar- that always bothers me when babies are sucking on the carts- yuckie! You are so amazing!

Debbie Olson said...

Maybe when I grow up you can teach me to sew!
Sophie is looking at you like "why are you taking another picture of me?"

Mike and Jennie said...

She probably is...she had just woken up. Plus the people around me in Costco were probably like "what is this crazy lady doing taking pictures?"

Cara said...

Awesome Jen! I love it!! By the time I have a baby you will be a pro at making those and you can make one for me!!

Unknown said...

yipee!!! i'm so posting the 'other' uses we found for it on my blog...hehehehe

Unknown said...

oh - just noticed the title says "LASTest"...does this mean u are never sewing again? lol

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Love this - and such cute fabric! But the baby girl in the cart is MUCH cuter :D