Saturday, January 24, 2009

Utah Food CO-OP


I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but my sister-in-law Tara introduced me the to Utah Food Co-op. Basically you order once a month and then there is a pick up day for the order. The whole thing is run by volunteers and the food is almost all local Utah products. So this month I ordered a standard share for $23 and an extra meat share for $13. So for $36 I got the following:
  • 2lb. Top Sirloin Fajita Strips
  • 4 lb. Package of Chicken Drumsticks
  • 2 lb. Sirloin Pork Roast
  • 2 lb. Lean Ground Beef
  • 1 lb. Rice
  • 1 loaf Artisan Wheat Bread
  • 5 Fuji Apples
  • 5 Pears
  • 5 Oranges
  • 1 Romain Lettuce
  • 3 Red Bell Peppers
  • 5 Tomatoes
  • 2 Avocados
  • 1 2lb. Bag of Carrots
You don't know exactly what fruits and veggie you will get before you order that month, it is just a variety of 3-4 fruits and 4-5 veggies. Then about a week before they send an email with the detailed list. I get so excited waiting for the email.

0 comments: