Monday, January 26, 2009

A cold night in Utah

Yesterday after church Mike said that the house felt cold. I, as always, was wearing
several
layers
of
clothing
and didn't really notice. I looked at the thermostat and it was down to 67 degrees and we normally keep the house about 71. The thermostat said that he heat was on, but there was nothing running. We checked the breaker panel and reset the thermostat, but to no avail. We called the landlord and he said, "this is my worst nightmare," which as a tenant you always love to hear that. He was out of town. He assured me that he would have someone there in the morning. We knew that we would be fine that night because the house is well insulated. We just bundled up and went to bed. By the morning, the temp had only dropped to 62. The repair man came around 11:00am and it is a good thing that he came because by then it was only 58.
Mike and Sophie were starting to get a little chilly.
Fortunately for everyone, especially our landlord, it was just the pilot light. The repair guy showed Mike how to light it and was on his way.
I do need to add right here that Mike thought that it was just the pilot light, but I told him not to mess with it because we didn't know the furnace well enough. I am sure that he would have been just fine and we could have been warm last night. Sorry hun, that is my bad.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy yikes!! I'm glad the repair guy came quick. I guess next time mike can light it - but make sure he wears protection...like oven mitts. hehe. PS u need a space heater...maybe.