Monday, January 26, 2009

Six Months and Sophie


On the left is me and on the right is Sophie. I don't have a picture of Mike at this age, but I can tell you that Sophie looks a lot like Mike. (and a little like me)

I know that I am little behind the time, but only by a week. Last Monday, Sophie was 6 months old! She is getting to be such a big girl. She can sit up on her own, with a few soft things around her to catch her fall. She can roll over front to back and back to front, but doesn't really seem interested in crawling yet. She prefers to be on her back eating her feet and rolling from side to side. I am actually grateful that she is not going anywhere yet. She is talking like crazy and likes to look at herself in the mirror. In fact there is a mirror in our living room and she will walk in her walker to it and talk to herself. She loves bath time, toys and watching tv. She also really likes to look at books. I think Grandma Olson needs to bring some down with her on her next trip (hint, hint, wink, wink).

Sophie's 6 month appointment went get as usual. She is 16 lbs 2.5 oz and 26" tall. She stayed in the 50% for her weight and 75% for her height, but her head went from 50% to 75%. I think it is because she is getting smarter and smarter and needs more room for her brains. But actually it is just that her body is in the 75% so it only makes sense that her head is part of that. She got a couple more shots and was on her way.
Mike never wants to hold Sophie when she is getting her shots
because he doesn't want to be the bad guy
.

Sophie has now tried quite the variety of foods. She has had green beans, sweet potatoes, carrots, pears, peaches, banana, apple, rice cereal, oatmeal, and probably a taste of a few other foods. She really loves to eat and is fairly cooperative still. I am trying to be grateful for all of the times that Sophie is so easy to care for because I know that a point is coming where life is going to get must more difficult. Thank you Sophie for being such a good baby and for all the happiness and joy you bring into our little family. (You too Bjorn.)

2 comments:

tiffany said...

Sophie is so Cute GIRL!! WOW!! I can't belive she is 6 months this year. She is growing up so fast. She is so happy girl always. I can tell she is a great baby girl for you guys. I hate when babies getting their Shots. That is so great she is eating great foods.

Unknown said...

u forgot to add 'Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce' to the food list...hehe