Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sophie's Earrings

We have always told Sophie when she was ready that she could get her ears pierced.  She would bring it up here and there, but would tell us that she was not old enough yet.  When I asked her what age was old enough, she didn't really have an answer.  We about a week before Christmas we were riding in the car and she said, "look mom, my ears are growing holes for earrings!"  After a good laugh, I explained that the holes did not grow in your ears, they would have to be pierced at a store.  She wanted to go right then to get her ears pierced.  It was late and we were leaving for Seattle in a few days, so I told her when we went to Grandma's house we would go to the mall and have it done.
We headed to the mall a few days before Christmas and Sophie was ready.  We did warn her that it was going to hurt a bit, but it would go away quick too.  She told us, I will be brave!  As she sat in the chair you could tell she was starting to get a little nerves.  She held real still and they did both sides at once.  Her happy face suddenly turned to tears and looking at Mike and I like what did you just do to me.  Then as quick as she gave us that face, she wiped her eyes and said, "I am going to tell Mia (her cousin) how brave I was and that I didn't even cry."  And that was it.  Her ears were a little tender for a few days, she was good about cleaning and twisting them.  Now she loves them and loves that mommy has them too.




Sophie says to me, "When Addie grows up, she can have her earrings like mine."

0 comments: