Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Last Week and Some Other Stuff


Grandma Olson came to visit last weekend (just in case baby #2 was born and to hang out with us.) I have been really wanting to make jam for the past couple years but have been intimated by it. So mom, Sophie and I made jam. It turned out great and is so tasty!


The weather was so nice that we spent some time swinging at the park. We like to go to this park by our house because the swings are industrial ones so grown-ups like me can swing too!

Sophie had asked specifically if we could go bowling while grandma was here. Which is totally weird because she has only been bowling once and it was like a year ago. She seemed to have fun for about 8 of the 10 frames and then lost interest. Good thing she was free.

Mom was kicking my butt for the first half of the game. I took this picture after her turkey, but she ended up with a 4th strike too. Unfortunately the next few frames did not go as well. And in case you are wondering, I did beat Sophie.

So last week I didn't really do a $20 challenge and this week I went a little over. I spend out of pocket $24.61 (full retail before coupons and sales $92.61), but I have $5 at Walgreen's and $9.38 at Rite Aid in cash back rewards to still spend that I earned from my purchases. I haven't decided what to use the addition money on yet, but I am sure I will figure it out.

And on the baby front...well it is June 29th and I am 11 days from my due date. I had Sophie 10 days early and was in labor 5 days before that, so I really have no idea when this baby is coming. At my doctor's appointment yesterday I was at a 2 and 80% thinned. The baby is well but taking up all the space that I have. Mike hate when I say things like this but I feel like she is going to crawl out my right side. She had been kicking and wiggling more then I remember with Sophie. I mostly stopped working yesterday. I am tired and was ready to have a break. I plan to take off until the first week of October. I might work a little in September, but we'll see.

A few things for the record. I have gained 30 lbs, 4 more lbs then Sophie, but I started this pregnancy 15 lbs less. I figured I would gain a bit more. I have been feeling pretty good now that I have gotten a new sleeping pad and have been having regular prenatal massages for the pain in my back. Sophie seems excited but has been starting to get extra needy. She wants mommy for more things then usual. Fortunately, daddy subbing in for mommy seems to work most of the time.

That's pretty much it for now. Hopefully I will be blogging about this new baby soon!

2 comments:

JusticeBlog said...

can't wait to meet the new little one! hang in there!

Parker and Carly said...

I'm sooo excited for you... only a bit jealous. :) Hope your little one comes soooner than later! Good luck with everything, and I'll be looking forward to pictures!