Wednesday, July 21, 2010

How many times must I learn...

before I listen?

As we were heading to the rodeo tonight I had a thought pass through my mind saying, "you should bring a second set of clothes for Sophie and a jacket for myself." I immediately dismissed the thought by saying why would I bring a change of clothes? Sophie is nearly potty trained and we never have to worry about anything like that. And a jacket? It is 95 degrees out.

Well, as I am sure you have guessed, I should have listened. While at the rodeo Sophie puked all over herself and me. I am now the proud owner of a Day's of 47 souvenir t-shirt and my SIL Tara fortunately had brought pj's for her kids that we bummed for Sophie.

Lesson learned. Listen to what you are being told and don't think that you know better then the Lord. He has blessed us with the Gift of the Holy Ghost to help us be prepared for life's happenings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it Jenny, I do that all the time. Walk out the door and the spirit says grab this or that and think why... The real question is why do I second guess.

Rachael said...

I hate that unprepared feeling so I almost always take extra clothes...for all of us.

Unknown said...

lesson learned! though, i wonder what smelly thing could happen if you decided not to listen the next time?? maybe it would involve manure...butt fries? luv u!