Sunday, September 27, 2009

How do they even know how to do that?

A few days ago I changed Sophie's diaper in the living room and out of laziness I tossed the diaper on to the coffee table to pick up later. When I tossed the diaper it rolled off the back of the coffee table and went between the wall and the table. Sophie and I then headed down stairs to play and hang out with daddy.
After being downstairs for 15 minutes or so, Sophie and I came back up. As soon as we got up the stairs, Sophie walked right over to where the diaper had landed, picked it up and walked down the hall to the laundry room and threw it away.
It just blows my mind. Not once have Mike or I shown her how to do that or even really talked about it. Since she typically goes on the potty, we hardly ever even use that garbage for diapers.
So today I handed her a diaper to see what she would do and sure enough she marches it straight to that garbage. Sophie, you are AWESOME!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Sophie certainly is a very bright little girl. It is so much fun to watch your children grow and learn.

Janet said...

Time to capitalize on this talent!!! One of those little hand broom/dust pan combos would be perfect. :)

Unknown said...

That's pretty amazing!