Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What is happenin' for the last week

It seems like there has been a lot happening in the last couple of weeks. For starters, my grandfather passed away on May 16th. He was heading down hill and passed away pretty quickly. We had a memorial service for him on May 22. He and my grandmother (my mom's mom) were married for a little over 13 years. He was a kind man that was always happy and smiling right up till the very end. He really loved my grandma. My grandfather was moved to a group home 2 weeks before he passed away, and my grandma decided to move from her senior living community in with my parents. It has been nice to have her around. She is 80 but just as active as someone 20 years younger.

Mike and I have now been in Washington over 4 months and our house in Sandy has been on the market for almost 3 months. We had been listing it for sale by owner, but decided 2 weeks ago to list the house with Juli and she is doing a great job with letting us know what is going on with the market and keeping us informed on our options. http://www.utahrealestate.com/799102 We know that the market is very saturated with houses in our price range and also just a slow moving market, so it could be a bit before it is sold. We are hopeful that some offer will come along.

Sara and Daniel came up over the Memorial Day weekend and stayed with us. We had a blast hanging out and doing all of the touristy things that you don't do until someone visits. We spend time in Seattle, Victoria Canada, and checking out the beautiful sights of the great northwest. It was really nice to hang out with some folks from back in Utah. Also Mike and Daniel had a good time trying to see who could get pinched by a crab.

Mike and I finally booked our tickets to Utah, so we are coming for sure. June 19-29. We decided to do a longer visit so that we could see everyone since we will be tied up with the baby for a while. We are very excited to see everyone and catch up.

As for the pregnancy, things are plugging along great. I am 31 weeks and 2 days which means that I only have 8 weeks and 5 days to go!!! Crazy, it is coming very fast. I am still fairly comfortable, except after dinner time when I feel that I have double in size.

Well all is well with us and we hope the same for you. Let us know what is going on and we can make plans to hang out in Utah. We love you guys!!!

4 comments:

Emilee said...

Well I am very excited to be seeing you guys. It will be so fun. It seems like forever when in reality we have gone 4 months before, but just knowing that you arent just a drive away is killer.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Ahh - 8 weeks and 5 days! That's so crazy and exciting! :D
We had lots of fun with you guys and can't wait to see you in June! :D

ciara said...

Yeey!! Im so glad you called the other day! It was good to talk to you and it was good to get your blog:) Now I can see what is going on in your lives!! And we are excited to see you in June:) That will be fun!

tiffany said...

Hi Jennie and Mike!
How are you doing? We are so excited you are coming up here pretty soon! We can't wait to see you soon. We should do something fun with you guys going to dinner and fun things when you up here in town. We are so happy for you having a baby girl! I'm sure Mike want to have a boy! That is cute name for your daughter I like that name! I can't belive you will having your baby next month that is soo cazy for you. You look great. We are doing great all the time just keeping busy and soo happy being married 1 year). Brian is so happy to see mike. Take Care! Brian and Tiffany