Friday, October 26, 2012

Poop!

We have wanted to start Addie on potty training but our attempts to do so a while back had not gone well. A broken toilet lid and screaming fit made us stop trying.

A few nights ago however, Addie did not want me to put her diaper on. I finally said to her, fine if you don't want your diaper then you need to go on the potty. She got up and walked over to the potty. I helped her up and she sat on the potty but didn't go. She did sit there a while and read a book.

Then she wanted down and I figured she was done, so went and grab her diaper.  When I came back she still didn't want her diaper on so I told her again to go on the potty.

This time I helped her up and said, ok, go poopy and she did!  She knew exactly what she was doing and it was awesome!  At that moment I knew she could do it and we didn't have to change very many more poopy diapers!  It seems funny, but I smiled about it all night.

Now here we are three days later and she has gone poop on the potty at least once a day.  I am sure we will still have a few messy ones to change, but even one less is great. To anyone who is thinking about early potty training, I say go for it.  Sophie was 12 months old when we started with her and by 15 months we didn't change another poopy diaper.  The pee part took longer but that is the easy stuff to change.

Love you so much Addie!! You are amazing!!

0 comments: