Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baby on the way

Well, we are having a baby. I don't think that it has really set in what that means for our little family. Suddenly our 2:1 ratio goes to 2:2. We planned for this to happen so I suppose we thought about these things at some point, but now they are becoming a reality.

Currently I am 9 weeks and 3 days along. Weeks 6 and 7 were a little rough and felt like they would last forever, but by Thanksgiving Day I started feeling better. Then that Sunday the whole family came down with colds. It wiped us all out. I swear it sucks the energy and life right out of you. I spend all last week coming home from work and laying on the couch. Poor Sophie didn't have much of a mommy to play with for a while. And poor daddy has been working and doing homework/finals for school.

(don't mind the grubby clothes)
Finally week nine I am feeling better, my cold is mostly gone and I am starting to feel human again. I hope the trend continues and that things will just get better from here. I plan to go skiing tomorrow if that gives you an idea of how much better I am feeling.

Something I have had to get used to was eating a lot again. I have managed to keep my weight down by reducing my food intake to regular portion sizes over the past couple years. Especially when I was sick to my stomach for those two weeks, I didn't want to eat at all, but if I didn't eat I would feel sick too! It was a lose lose for sure. When I was pregnant with Sophie I could eat and feel better (as far as I remember) and this time eating didn't help. Now that I am feeling better I am hungry all the time. I can't go an hour or two during the day without eating and I have been waking up in the middle of the night to my stomach growling.

My gag reflex is much worse when I am pregnant. I love to watch medical surgery shows but have to mostly fore go them at least for the first trimester. I have also started to have some heartburn already, which I did not get until I was 5 or 6 months along before.

Thank you to those who have actually suffered through my data recording post. I just want to make sure that I remember so in 25 years when Sophie asks how it was when I had kids, I will really know. I am sure it will still be embellished a bit.

Due Date: July 10, 2011

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Congratulations!!!

Shirley said...

Glad you are feeling better. How nice you Are adding to your nice family.

Trisha said...

Congratulations--I am so excited for you!!!

tiffany said...

Congreatulations! We are so happy for you guys. Cant wait to hear you guys are having!