Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas In Seattle

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! We had a great Christmas again this year and it was fun to be with Friends and Family in Seattle. Sophie and I left for my parents' house almost a week before Mike could. We missed him, but had lots of fun hanging out and shopping.
On Christmas Eve, Mike, Sophie, Erik and I, along with Michael, Rachael and their kids, all went to the zoo. It was really fun especially because Mike had never been to either of the zoo's in Washington and has always wanted to go. Sophie was also very interested, especially the loins who were right up against the glass. I didn't really get any shots of the animals (except the kids), but here are a few shots from the day.

Sophie loves her daddy!


My niece/2nd cousin Hazel


What a good looking family!


Group Shot


Hazel, Michael, Noah, Rachael (and bun in the oven)

After the zoo we went back to my parent's house for the annual Olson Christmas party. It was really fun and great to see everyone. It was a bit of a smaller group this year, only around 25 people. Nevertheless, it was just as wonderful.

This next part is not something everyone needs to know, but I felt that I should record it anyway. After the party a few of us, including Sophie, watched the Muppet Christmas Carol (my own little holiday tradition). Sophie was up dancing and playing around and seemed just fine. I was just getting Sophie to settle down with me when all of the sudden, BLUGH, Sophie puked, A LOT. Fortunately for everyone one, I had just pulled a blanket up on to us seconds before she chucked so it was very well contained and easy to clean up. This was the first time Sophie has ever full-on puked. I think that she was on a sugar overload. Afterward, she was just as fine as before.

On to Christmas morning! It was fun that Sophie was older this year and was a little more excited about opening her presents. She and grandma had a great time opening everything up.



Sophie hanging out with Uncle Scott and her new doggy from Uncle Kyle. (Kyle, she loves that dog!)

Mom and baby!!!

This picture below might be my favorite picture of 2009. How precious is he?

I love you sweetheart. You are my best friend! (And thanks for being such a great sport and posing for this picture)

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I love that Mike called that picture going on the blog. How could it not?

Mike and Jennie said...

It was a perfect blog picture. I think that our children's children will totally want to see those kinds of things.

Emilee said...

Aww....mikey so cute! Im glad you had a good Christmas, we miss you guys!

Unknown said...

i love that sophie has totally commandeered your soda cup in the family shot...lol awesome!