Monday, January 18, 2010

18 Months...Really?

My how time flies! Sophie is 18 months today. The past 18 months have seemed so short and long at the same time. Sophie is getting so big and doing so many more things. She is talking so much. Some of her favorite phrases or should I say questions are “What’s that?”, “Where did it go?”, “Who’s that?” She has also learned how to sing Twinkle, twinkle little star and ABC’s. I will have to post a video of her signing. She says almost all the words in the song. She is also saying lots of other words like bear, blanket, apple, banana, milk, potty, yuck (or yacka) and all sorts of other things.

Sophie is doing well on the potty training. On Sunday for the first time she actually told me she needed to go potty!!!!! I was so excited because up until now it has just been us taking her. We have also bought her some big girl panties, but they are too big. They only had 2T-3T at Walmart. I am going to look a few more places for something smaller. I also am getting a new potty chair/stairs so that Sophie can get on and off the potty by herself.

Recently I have been taking Sophie to this nice Rec Center near our house to swim. They have a great kids area that is shallow enough for her to run around and play. They also have a big toy in the water with slides and spraying water that she loves! But I think her favorite thing of all is the big water slide. When we went the other night, she just wanted to go down the big slide. She walked up the two flights of stairs herself and we went down together. It is really fast and super fun. I love that she loves it.

What else, I swear everyday there is new stuff that she does that I need to write down. I am always thinking, oh I need to blog that, but then I forget.
Sophie went for her first dentist appointment today. She was good but didn't want anyone to stick their finger in her mouth, but she did get a princess tooth brush and she showed the dentist how she brushes her teeth. She is also going for her 18 month well check appointment on Friday.

Since it is so difficult to try and keep a child still during classes at church, we started taking Sophie to nursery a few months ago and just staying with her there. She really enjoys it and is really good at playing and participating with the lessons. Next week with be her first official week, but I have left her in there on her own a few times already. Our church starts at 11, which is great for Mike and I, but bad for Sophie. She is so tired by the end that, this last week when we got home, I gave her a bottle and she walked into her room and was trying to climb up in her crib. She laid right down and was out.

Well that’s all I can think of for now.
Mommy and Daddy love you Sophie
and you make us so happy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the tub pics!! so awesome she told you she needs to potty! how cool are those potty steps!? awesome sophers! Is that desk pic from the discovery museum?? Where's my pics? (not that I'll blog them any time SOON right? :D)